Make a Difference in Western North Carolina
Together, we can bring hope and healing to those who need it in WNC. Here are some options to consider in support of our work:
Give a gift
- To mail a check or to be billed, please send your correspondence to Jewish Family Services of WNC, 53 South French Broad Ave., Suite 100, Asheville, NC 28801.
- To donate securely here online by credit card, CLICK HERE.
Please consider adding 3% to your credit card donation to help cover processing fees.
(Example: $100 donation + 3% ($3.00) = $103.00)
Become a Sustaining Donor
Your monthly gift of any amount enables JFS to continue strengthening our community and helping those in need on an ongoing basis.
- You open doors to socialization, providing enrichment, home-cooked meals and physical activity for xx members our aging community, and respite for their caregivers, through JFS Elder Club.
- You help support sliding scale counseling for xx clients needing financial assistance in order to receive critical mental health services through Healing Solutions Counseling.
- You support spiritual healing for all community through our Chaplaincy program.
- You help people of all ages, races, religions, ethnicities, genders and sexual orientation have access to resources during times of crisis through our Case Management services.
- You make possible emergency assistance for residents in need. You help provide crisis funding and access to our JFS Food Pantry.
Legacy and Endowment Giving
In your will, trust, or life insurance policy, you can leave a gift that supports the work you believe in, strengthens the community, and reflects your values. No matter what your income or estate value is, your gift can make a lasting impact on the community. It’s not just a gift. It’s your legacy. Please reach out to Executive Director Cindy Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-253-2900, to talk about making JFS WNC part of your legacy.
Shop and give tzedakah in once mouse click!
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers. In your case, we hope you will select Jewish Family Services of WNC!
How to sign up for AmazonSmile
- Via web browser:
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Sign in with the same account you use for Amazon.com
- Select your charity
- Start shopping! Remember to checkout at smile.amazon.com to generate donations for your chosen charity.
- Tip: Add a bookmark to make it easier to shop at smile.amazon.com.
- On your mobile phone:
- Open the Amazon Shopping app
- Navigate to the main menu (=)
- Tap on Settings and then select “AmazonSmile”
- Select your charity and then follow the on-screen instructions to turn ON AmazonSmile in the mobile app
- Once AmazonSmile has been activated in your app, future eligible app purchases will generate a donation for the charity you have selected.
- Note: The tablet app is not yet supported. Please visit smile.amazon.com/onthego to learn more.
Corporate matching gifts
Match-Maker, Match-Maker, Make Me A Match! Did you know that many companies have gift-matching programs that will match your donation to JFS dollar for dollar? Gifts may include monthly payroll deductions as well as annual gifts. Gift-matching programs are a great way to maximize your personal contribution to JFFS. Don’t leave money on the table! Take advantage of your company’s matching gift benefit to help increase YOUR impact for the community!
In addition to providing greater support for the community, your matching-gift donation offers other benefits:
For employees: You will be acknowledged at the recognition level that includes your employer’s match. For example, if you make a donation of $500 to JFS and your employer’s matching gift brings the total contribution to $1,000, you will be recognized at the $1,000 level.
For employers: Donations received from employers through their matching-gift programs are fully tax-deductible.
- JFS is a human/social service organization.
- The IRS does not consider JFS to be a religious organization. As a 501(c)(3) corporation, we are required to file a 990 form, and we do so annually. A copy of our 990s can be found here.
- If your company requires an Employer Identification Number (EIN), please use 45-2497063.
- If your company offers a matching gift, JFS will receive it only after you have made your gift payment.
Honor a loved one or simply leave your mark in our offices. We have many opportunities for you to support JFS through naming gifts. View our Sponsorship Brochure to learn more, or contact Executive Director Cindy Smith at email@example.com or 828-253-2900.