Current Opportunities with JFS
Jewish Family Services of Western North Carolina (JFS) is a growing 501 (C)(3) non-profit agency. We recently relocated blocks from the eclectic South Slope area of Downtown Asheville, and are easily accessed by interstates 240 and 26. Come join our team and be part of an exceptional time for our organization!
Role: Clinical Manager
Effective Date: October 20, 2021
Classification: Part-time or Full-time (can be flexible for the right candidate)
Reports To: JFS Executive Director
Contact: Cindy Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission: Jewish Family Services of WNC (JFS) provides a broad range of clinical and social support services to adults of all faiths – with special emphasis on the needs of older adults.
Values: Integrity, Respect, Caring, Quality, and Justice.
Healing Solutions Counseling at JFS is a program that supports a better quality of life for all faiths, ethnicities, races, genders, backgrounds and ages. The Clinical Manager is responsible for the management of the clinical services programs of Healing Solutions Counseling. The Clinical Manager provides vision and leadership to ensure quality service provision and coordination of services for clients. JFS accepts insurance (Medicare, UHC, Cigna, Blue Cross, Aetna, Humana, WellCare) and also offers sliding scale fees for individuals without insurance or high copays.
- Master’s Degree preferred – Clinical Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related field
- Valid North Carolina clinical license with approved supervisor certification
- Minimum of 3 years administrative supervisory experience
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience providing trauma-informed care
- Experience working with EHR (electronic health record) software
- Experience and knowledge of direct behavioral health services, including assessment,
treatment, and consultation
- Knowledge of diverse modalities of counseling and diagnostic principles
- Knowledge of, and ability to, apply counseling and diagnostic theories and techniques to a full
range of diverse client populations as well as co-occurring disorders
- Program development and performance management experience
- Belief in a strengths-based approach to human services
- Ability to build strong teams to meet performance goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and data management
- Passion for the mission, vision and values of Jewish Family Services of WNC
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide individual and group counseling according to individualized treatment plans and in accordance with professional standards
- Make treatment and social service referrals to appropriate agencies that support client goals
- Create, maintain, and submit accurate records and documents in a timely manner
Supervision and Support
- Manage all members of clinical staff, including hiring and evaluating job performance
- Provide regular individual clinical supervision to therapists
- Provide clinical supervision to non-licensed therapists and clinical interns (when necessary)
- Manage concerns relating to coverage, productivity, customer service skills, and workload
- Provide administrative support, supervision, and consultation to broaden staff skill levels
- Provide crisis support to therapists and clients as needed
- Provide management for daily operations of the clinical department
- Maintain documentation, client files, and statistics as required by agency policies/funders
- Manage client and outcomes tracking in client database
- Collaborate with administrative staff in grant writing and reporting
Planning and Coordination
- Conduct regular clinical team group and individual meetings
- Maintain communication with other mental health provider programs / referral sources
- Meet with the Executive Director for regular supervision
- Assist with outreach and community presentations, as applicable
- Assist with agency-wide events, as needed
- Other duties as requested by the Executive Director
JFS is currently seeing clients in-person and through Telehealth virtual platforms. Staff is working both remotely and in the office. Due to the nature of our work in the community, all JFS staff are required to be vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination to be held in personnel files.
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, communicate and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Pay and Benefits
- Based on desired hours (part-time or full-time); health insurance reimbursement; PTO and paid holidays (Federal and some Jewish holidays)
Jewish Family Services of WNC, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. Employment as well as participation in programs is open to all faiths, genders, sexual orientations, ethnicities, countries of origin, ages and abilities.